Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 15

I went to the audition today for the play and the director said I didn't fit the 18 year-old character but wanted me read for the other lead role who is Jamaican.  I agreed to read and I did fantastic. She said she
would have to change the Jamaican to some other race to match mine.  I had a lot of fun at the audition, made her laugh.  We'll see. I've been through many auditions where I thought I was great and not ended booking it. One thing though I was a little against. I have to put on a lion's mask in the beginning and dance in the nude.  I think I can do it.

I also went with a Donnie to go see the new Pedro Almodovar with Penelope Cruz.  It was so good and I strongly recommend it.  Of course it is all in Spanish but the work is just beautiful.  Penelope Cruz was there and talked to us about how it is work with Pedro. she called him a genius.  He is very detail, including a button of a blouse.  Milton, my acting teacher, would say that "Art is in the details"  And "God is in the details".  If you pick up any leaf or a rose petal and look at it close, you will see details. This is art.

No comments:

Post a Comment