Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Read this first - MY PLEDGE

Day 1: October 28, 2009 4:15am

My crtique from Milton Katselas, "All you need is to believe".

BELIEVE -  ACCEPT AS TRUTH
Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Carlos Moreno Jr. and I'm from a small town, San Juan, in Texas. I was born into poverty and worked in the fields of Michigan since the age of 12 harvesting fruits and vegetables every Summer. It was in these long Summer days of the 80's, where for hours I would have conversations with myself. Scary enough to be talking to oneself but the thing was that you had over 8 - 12 hours of isolation at work. This caused me to drift into a make believe land where I thought of the possibilities life could offer; the possibility of becoming an artist, THE ACTOR.


But before becoming that migrant worker and seeing myself as an artist, as a child I've always believed that anything was possible just by believing it could be done. I wanted to lead humanity to a better world; like Moses, helping those in need. I knew I had this gift and I needed to exorcise it from within. I thought of becoming a lawyer, who then becomes a judge or a great politician, hey they can change the world and make it better; NOT! So what else could I do to leave something behind and make the world a better place....ah! AN ACTOR

Well, I've been an actor since I was kicked out of The University Of New Mexico in 1995. That's another story I'll write about later. I moved to LA in the Summer of '96 and boy I knew it wasn't going to be easy but I never expected it to be this difficult; talk about only a select few can enter the sea of the ARTISTE!

I'm starting this blog so that I can share my experiences with you as an Actor in Hollywood, but this is not the only reason why I'm doing this. I'm doing this so that I won't quit. I don't want to quit, for the first time in my life, I'm afraid of the unknown and I don't like this feeling.

My Objectives for the blog:
Objective 1. I'm giving myself 1 year from today to sign up with one of the top 4 agencies in the industry. WIILAM MORRIS/ENDEAVOR, CAA, UTA, ICM.
Objective 2. Work in TV/Film as Guest Star and Leading man (looking at an Oscar, baby)
Objective 3. Inspire those with dreams and give advise them.
Objective 4. Become a working actor/ with no limitations.
Objective 5. Open myself up and let my fears be shown.

This will give me a purpose to restart my career and get that enthusiasm that has dwindled into a vanishing cloud of smoke. By posting everyday on something I've done, I will dedicate myself to my career and those of you who read this will be witnessing the life of an actor. This is it, today I am reborn! As my Master Acting Teacher, Milton Katselas, once said, "Happy Birthday" ARTIST!

1 comment:

  1. Carlos, acting is your passion, I could easily tell that the first night we met. I wish you nothing but the best in fulfilling your dream and encourage you to pursure it always. Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete