Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 2

October 29, 2009 10:20pm

I had a great experience at Central Casting, the extra service casting agency.  Around 100 people registered today. The agency registration hours are on Tuesdays and Thursday from 10:30 - 11:30 am.  It took me two hours to register, felt as if I was inside the DMV; I mean they even had that government attitude; however, it made the experience more memorable. ;)
While standing in line, I saw an actress friend of mine and we caught up. Hearing her and other I came to realize that I'm not the only one going through a hard time in the industry.  People were talking about civilian jobs lost and were prompted to do non-union jobs.  Others talked about how long they've been out of acting work.

These people were there for one reason.  TO MAKE MONEY.  Where else can you work for 1150.00 a day by sit around til you get called to simply walk behind the actors; not a bad job.  As I drove there with anguish, all I could do is project positive thoughts by seeing myself making money and keeping afloat til my next gig, a strategy to get out of jail in the game of monopoly. At the end of the registration, I was expecting to pay $25. Guess what, I didn't have to. Cool huh? $25 in my pocket to eat at Subway.

I'm getting up early tomorrow and calling the recorded line for men; hopefully I will book an extra job!  I found that it's not the job that gets me excited, it's the point that I can continue my career, even though I've taken a little step back, you need to take a step back to leap forward.

Now to my working out mission, I took pictures of me without a shirt. Wow, I look like shit!



My Mission is to look good in a photo by January 31, 2010  in my underwear!

This physical transformation is needed to manifest my postulations. I believe my confidence will grow which in turn will benefit my attitude towards my craft as well as my work.  Here is to January 31, 2010 underwear photo and yes,    I will post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment