Thursday, November 18, 2010

Jury Duty Over and One Audition!!!

Well after almost 3 weeks of sitting down and listening to testimony from both the Plantiff and Defendants, the trail I was in as a Juror is over and let me tell you what an experience I had.  It's a great feeling to be part of
The Judicial system we have here in the United States.  There are not so many countries that have the same judicial system as we have here.  I'm quite happy to say that I'm pleased to have been part of something I only wish many of you will experience.  The Trial was a civil case that involved a cooperation and an individual that only had a few months to live; he had mesothelioma.

I learned to much of the disease and what measure I need to take to make sure I don't get this disease that stays dormant or that rears its heard after 20 some years after exposure.  I feel the trial was fair and I can sleep with a fair conscious.

The beautiful thing about all of this is that the jury has to decided and in a civil case there has to be at least 9 that consent to a decision. I want to thank Jude Amy Hogue for keeping at times the court light hearted at times when it was needed.

Now about auditions:  I had one theatrical for TV on Wednesday afternoon for a new TV show titled, " OFF THE MAP.  I went in there and felt very confident about my work.  I took my time and really listed and took in the reader as well as the environment.  I haven't felt like this in a long time; I'm talking back in 2008.  I left there very sentimental as I gave it my all with humor and charm in the character.

Normally how this work auditioning for TV.  A. You either get a call immediately that day for a callback the following day or B. They call you the next day for a call back following the day after.  Well I hoped that the phone would ring all day I would look; maybe I missed it, but in the end I'm sitting here with no joy. This is usually the case with actors.  We study the lines for sometime more than 4 hours; get there, do your thing and leave.  All that work and not even a piece of chocolate, saying thank you for your time.

I've moved on to the next audition which I hope it will be in a matter of days.  The holidays always screw things up as many casting directors and production companies shut down. But then again I might just get a call first thing in the morning to see the producers and director tomorrow afternoon.  I'll inform you if that happens.

Sorry for making this too long but as you can I had a lot on my mind these last couple of weeks.  If any new good or bad news comes along I'll post. Till next time.

Keep optimistic for success is just a phone call away.

No comments:

Post a Comment