Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 6

Monday!  What great day!  I know I said earlier this week that I was going to hit the gym, but I have not had the time to put my program together til today.  I basically sat around in front of the computer all afternoon and got my meals scheduled for all of this week. The so called "new active life" is called RTP Transformation System.
 You can visit them here. www.rtptransformationsystem.com The program takes 12 weeks to complete. I have my meals and workout schedule ready. I'll be blogging on that life transformation as well. If you have any question, please write me.

Now to acting class,  I'm currently studying with Jocelyn Jones and tonight was amazing.  She was critiquing a scene and had mentioned something about not having a high evaluation in a scene.  She asked the students if we understood.  I immediately raised my hand and said, "I don't understand what you meant when you said, "The actress didn't have 4 days ago."  She got up and showed us what we need to do in our rehearsals to be the character either for class or for an audition.  She got up and started to ask questions to herself and she became a working actress figuring what is going on in the scene.  She kept on asking questions such as, who am I? Where am ? What is this place? Who do I work for and why and when did I get this job etc...  She kept on asking and asking more questions directly to the actor: What is the other guy up on stage doing here.  Where do I know him from: Did I sleep with him?  Do I want to? How did I get here? How did we get here?  I don't like this and I'm agitated.

In the end, she said that we need to keep on asking til we get the truth in ourselves, the belief, and that is a hot choice because you truly believe, there is no doubt.  You get excited and know you are acting moment to moment. These answers are the fuel we breathe into our characters and make true art, our own stamp of art/signature.  But without these questions acting is superficial and glib.  I can't wait to put up my scene or get an audition to start asking questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment