Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Another fantastic class

Wow, my classes are on fire.  Jocelyn mentioned something tonight in class and she hit another wonderful chord about this work.  "Acting is like a puzzle and it should be fun." I remember again the teaching which is always keep asking questions even up to the minute you are performing on stage.

Also, it is important to have an event and an underline event for every scene.  The underline event is what is between the lines; what the character wants, and what is going on in the scene.  It has to hit you
internally and I often get beyond excited when the impulses are right. If I don't have the underline event, chances of me not doing well in a scene are great.  So I'm going to understand the scene by going further into asking more questions about what is going on and getting the details of the character and the scene.
Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment